Monday, December 21, 2009

LOST

 Recently, I was visiting with a 12 year old before Mass.
We were there an hour early. My teen was in choir practice and she had just found out she was too young to join the practice. I had approached her in my wheelchair, saying hello.
After a small bit of conversation, she volunteered she has a brother
out there somewhere, her twin. She has never met him, but very much
wants to do so. She had hoped to meet him this summer, but at the
designated meeting place, he and his current family never came. I
could easily see this is her dream, to meet her sibling. Sitting
across from me during Sunday Mass, I never knew she held this hidden heartbreak. As other young children arrived and jumped in my lap to get a wheelchair ride, Iasked her to push us to the votive candles. We lit one, hoping her dream will come true. May the Holy Spirit be at work, that someday
she may meet her twin, bringing her much happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment