Monday, February 22, 2010

Inconveniences vs. Problems

What a day, with all the snow continuing to fall. So many of us are tired of one snowstorm after another. It makes me think of what I often ask myself, “Is it an inconvenience, or is it a problem?” Of course, it is an inconvenience! We are tired of looking out our windows, only seeing white everywhere, rather than the greens of springtime.
I often have to ask myself, “Is it an inconvenience, or is it a problem?” I call anything that is not terminal to my health an inconvenience. Yes, I have likely said this before. Yet, I continue to see others make inconveniences a problem. Just yesterday, I witnessed what was an inconvenience become a major problem. No, it was not going to be terminal to anyone, but I saw a will of the minds. I was asked to intervene. I did the best I could. To think we were in a Church situation, yet there was someone trying to overstep another, rather than thinking of the consequences. I had to silently laugh, over such a minor situation. We need to think how God would like us to respond to something, not putting ourselves above Him. I had to also think of the background of the person wanting to take charge. As always, we need to think of what is beyond the eye of the beholder. There is a way to make everyone feel comfortable, yet get a point across. It is not always easy, yet we need to think of the feelings of one another. It may be an inconvenience to us, but to the other person, it is a problem. Without stepping out of our boundaries, with the help of God, we can come up with a solution. The secret knows God is living within us, of feeling how He would respond to the same problem. He would not want to embarrass anyone. He wants everyone to feel successful, to feel no shame. Is it easy? No, but we only have to listen to God. Let us respond to His wishes, not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment