Thursday, March 11, 2010

JESUS AND THE CLOCK

I have mentioned Brian before, age three, in my writings. I cannot imagine him ever not being able to talk. He has been verbal, talking in full sentences, forever! I never tire of what he has to say to me. During several of our many conversations, he excitedly pointed to the clock, telling me Jesus was in there. He persevered for several weeks, saying how Jesus was behind those hour and minute hands. I could not figure out what where he got this idea, but I went along, saying how nice that was.
Remaining puzzled, I did wonder what he meant. Questioning him brought no answers. Nonetheless, I was happy he was still telling me about Jesus. It is never too young for a little one to begin a love for Him. Usually, I do not get a chance to visit with his mother, but one day, she happened to mention to me that she had been trying to tell Brian how Jesus was wrapped in a cloth after He died, but he kept thinking his mommy was talking about a clock!
Now it all made sense! I laughed, telling her how often he had told me about Jesus being in the clock. She did not need to be embarrassed; it was nice to see an innocent wee one, wanting to share his perceptions with me.
Brian’s little sister, Marie, has recently joined us in our conversations. She is two, no bigger than a minute. She has the same enthusiasm as he does. One time, she yelled, “Bye, Jesus!,” giving a wave as we left the small chapel where we had been.
Sometimes, instead of looking into all the books written and all the lectures attended, we can learn the most from children. They speak from the heart and from the souls God has given each of them. Nothing blocks their paths; they say it as they see it.
We can inhale a breath, absorbing this innocence, learning from their words of wisdom. Think about it. How often can we quickly quote what a child says before the words of an authoritarian? Yes, I often refer to my books for important quotes, but in the front of my mind, I have a picture of small human beings, enhancing me with captivating words.
In the meantime, every time I see a clock, I envision Jesus in there, looking out at me, as each minute ticks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment