Tuesday, May 24, 2011

AN UNEXPECTED DAY

My day is now done. My calendar had shown it would be a routine day, only having one appointment. I would have time to get caught up my mundane activities. God had other plans for me. Just as I finished my appointment, I received a call, to please, with every effort, immediately attend a high school graduation, in place of someone unable to come. Dressed in attire more for a sports event, I said I would go, though rugged sidewalks and wheelchairs do not make an easy task to reach the place of venue. Without too much struggle, I arrived shortly after the start of the ceremony, I had a lovely time, the graduate came up to me immediately after leaving the stage, so thrilled I had come. As for me, I was given the honor to see one senior after another perform during the ceremony, displaying their various talents to the audience.. To watch a ceremony about the seniors, for the seniors and by the seniors made it a day they will always treasure and remember. I am pleased I went, putting my needs aside, to see how giving a little can bring more happiness than we will ever know. Mundane tasks will always be there. Making treasured memories can be over in a split second. Don’t ever turn down a moment to be part of them.
~Marie T. Morrison~

No comments:

Post a Comment