Monday, June 6, 2011

A DELICIOUS MEMORY

Think of a memory today. Will it be of your first day of school? The day you finished school? They day you got your first job? Make the memory a pleasant one, something to make you smile. The day God first spoke to you, the day you first realized just how wonderful the world is. I remember how exciting it was when a deaf child was communicating to me, her grin, her stomping her feet and her hands slapping on the desk, as she showed me the picture of the cross she drew. It was my first time for me to to be among a group of deaf children, all of them stomping and slapping on the desks, grinning, to let me know the Spirit was among them. For me to think that deaf children were silent was such a myth. Oh, what a delicious memory! It is one I will never forget! What is yours? May God be with you, and with that memory, throughout your day!
With love,
~Marie T. Morrison~

No comments:

Post a Comment