Wednesday, March 3, 2010

COMPARING THE CROSS

So often, as we go through something which brings us unbearable pain, there is the feeling no one has gone through something as bad as we have. True, there are incidents which I feel are beyond comprehension in the depth of pain, such as the death of a child. But, as others go through personal pain, we are not the ones to judge how heavy the cross is that they carry the burden upon their shoulders. It is easy to judge, but this isn't what God wants of us.

Yes, I have judged, I must admit. But immediately, I do feel God telling me to calm down; He will take care of things. Are my thoughts going to be the ones who changes this person? No, as they are just thoughts. I wouldn't dare go up to that person and say, “You don't know what a REAL problem is...” To this person, it is a real problem. How this person feels is not going to affect what is going on in my own life. If we begin to get angry or upset about it, this takes over, rather than focusing on our own heaviness.

Maybe, just maybe, we can pray to God, asking Him to help those we know in need. I know, it may be as simple as a broken fingernail, which to us is ridiculous. But to a teenager, this is a moment of distraught. Why not turn into this person, acknowledging the problem. The person may feel as if someone really understands the weight of that cross. It won't hurt us to say “I'm sorry.” Only two words!

Praise God, thanking Him for what He does do for each of us. Make known how He has been there, helping us to carry our cross. Pray that He will be there to help others carry their cross. It may appear minor to us, but to another, it is major. Let God decide how to handle it.

As for me, every time I think of my cross being heavy, I think of those passing away before their time. Immediately after this first thought, I think of how Christ suffered on the cross, bringing to my own mind words that I cannot express . Only picturing what He went through brings grimace to my face and pain to my heart.

This may be the same picture people have in their minds as they go through their own suffering. Let us pray to Christ to be there, to help one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment