Wednesday, March 31, 2010

HAPPINESS-with typos corrected!



Happiness is having God in our hearts.
Happiness is feeling God's happiness in our hearts.

Happiness is finding the soul-mate God planned for us.
Happiness is making a life-long commitment with this soul-mate.

Happiness is having soul-mates create an extension of themselves.
Happiness is watching these little beings develop their own gifts from God.

Happiness is having a toddler, not talking yet, taking my hand, to show me a ladybug.
Happiness is that though this tiny child cannot talk yet, can speak volumes within the silence.

Happiness is seeing the glistening dew as the sun rises.
Happiness is looking at the oranges and yellows cast upon the land as the sun sets.

Happiness is running into an old friend.
Happiness is having long conversations with this old friend, reminiscing about the past,
While also talking about what has happened since then.

Happiness is making a new friend.
Happiness is laughing, talking, and crying, with the new friend.

Happiness is stepping outside to get the morning newspaper, hearing the singing of birds,
After a long, long winter.
Happiness is watching the birds come to bird feeders, arriving in-mass,
To enjoy a meal.

Happiness is having a beautiful garden, filled with flowers of every kind and color.
Happiness is knowing my spouse will be the one to pull the weeds in the garden,
along with tending to every care and need.

Happiness is having my first words uttered each morning be,
“Good morning, God!”
Happiness is having my last words uttered each night be,
 “Good night, God!  Thank you for another day!”

Happiness is listening to the music I love.
Happiness is feeling how the music reaches deep into my soul.

Happiness is seeing my child smiling on stage,
Performing in front of an audience.
Happiness is having the emotions flow
As I watch my child.

Happiness is seeing the silhouettes of distant mountains,
Admiring in awe their massiveness.
Happiness is reaching the base of the mountains,
Feeling the earth under my feet.

Happiness is hearing the crickets chirp,
A sound of summer.
Happiness is that hearing how many chirps there are in 30 seconds, and adding 15 to it,
I will know what the temperature is at that moment.

Happiness is loving the beautiful shade trees of summer.
Happiness is sitting under those trees, having a delicious picnic.

Happiness is reading a good book.
Happiness is remembering what made the book special many years later.

Happiness is lending out a good book to a friend.
Happiness is hearing the friend share the same excitement as I had while reading it.

Happiness is being with the grandparents.
Happiness is listening to their stories of their younger years.

Happiness is a blue, blue sky.
Happiness is admiring the majestic clouds,
Sitting magnificently in the sky.

Happiness is having a good work-out.
Happiness is being glad when the work-out time is over.

Happiness is winning a competition.
Happiness is seeing how all those practices paid off.

Happiness is viewing the vast ocean and the beauty of it,
Casting off rays of greens and blues.
Happiness is sitting on the soft beach sand,
Hearing the waves splash, the cold water reaching my feet as I daydream.

Happiness is having a delightful conversation with God.
Happiness is hearing what God has to say to me during our dialogue.

Happiness is knowing God never leaves me alone,
Happiness is knowing God always helps me carry my burdens.

Happiness is being given a challenge to stretch my mind, body and soul.
Happiness is accomplishing the challenges I was given,
Recognizing God had a hand in it.

Happiness is playing a board game with family.
Happiness is enjoying the laughter and conversation
As the game is played, bringing everyone close together.

Happiness is seeing the golden leaves of fall.
Happiness is hearing the giggle of children,
As they are covered with fallen leaves.

Happiness is noticing a flowing mountain river.
Happiness is sitting on a rock in the middle of the river,
Writing a letter to a loved one.

Happiness is watching the snow fall.
Happiness is loving the wintry scene only God could give us.

Happiness is knowing all that makes me happy are gifts from God.
Happiness is praising God, thanking Him for the wonderful life He provides for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment