Saturday, March 27, 2010

ONE MORE

I do get phone calls, asking if I will help another child or teen to get up to speed, concerning what is behind our faith.  I never tire of these calls. Rather, I get excited, willingly ready to bring one more to the faith. I have found that I really do not bring only that one closer to God, I bring in the family. This has not my intention, yet I find what I say is then shared with others.  What a bonus from God!
Teaching about my faith is my passion. We all have passions. It may be the art of cooking, an art of helping another understand algebra, or an art of getting others involved in community service. I am blessed with the art of rhetoric, in the subject matter of how important God is in every moment of our lives. The more I understand about God, the more I want to share my knowledge with others. I go beyond the miracles of God, saying how we can have Him actively in our everyday lives.
I have been awed in how He has helped me; now I must awe others, through the Word  of God. It is fascinating to see how He is there, though we do not t expect Him to be. As I share my thoughts with others, it can bring an ‘aha!’ moment, or a smile on the face. All of us need a tap on the shoulder, telling us how God is there, even though we are not thinking about it at that specific moment.
All of us need to go beyond ourselves, seeing how we can help our brethren. Feel the touch of God, and reach out to others, through our words and through our actions. After all, we are to live our lives in the image of God. Take these words seriously.  Think about each thought, word or action taken. Is this how God wants us to deliver the message? Sometimes, we might catch ourselves, realizing what we are doing is really is not the way God wants us to be.  At these moments, we can only smile, asking God for forgiveness. If He sees our sincerity, we will be absolved, but we must continue on, living in the way God prefers.
I may be giving words of kindness to a nine year old, a 16 year old or someone who is 60. I never look at what I share as my words. They are what God has asked me to say. He continually talks to me, communicating His thoughts through me.  It is a privilege to share His Words. He has given me a gift, to make what He has to say to be of interest to others, to brighten their eyes, wanting them to spark an interest, excited to learn more.
I am not the only one with this gift.  Each person reading this has the same present. We have to do what God wants, not being timid to share His love for everyone. It is not always easy.  But, feel the strength of God, who is with us, no matter the second, minute, or hour of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment