Wednesday, April 13, 2011

AVOIDING SOMEONE

I am reposting this for one reason, in memory of Andy. Little did I know that I would open the newspaper and see that Andy passed away this week. His wonderful smile and generosity will be missed.


At a tiny reunion, I saw ‘Andy,’ wanting to make contact. Though he was a friendly sort, I wasn't going out of my way to run over and say hi, for no particular reason. He finally made his way to me. I was friendly as we greeted a hello to one another. He said his mother had passed away and that he had saved one of her saint medals, always holding his pocket until he ran into me. I felt ashamed. I got home and found I had lost it. Frantic, I returned to the parking lot the next morning. There it was. The saint was already at work. I learned quickly what is precious to my heart.
~Marie T. Morrison~

No comments:

Post a Comment