Friday, April 8, 2011

THOSE SAVED SEATS IN CHURCH

Our priest today reminded us to be a community, to not act as individual within our community. I immediately sat up straight in my wheelchair, wondering how I could improve myself. I began to think how to improve my life. Soon after Mass, two people shared with me how they were rather rudely treated by others as they took seats in the pew. It now made sense what Father was talking about. While I sit in the front row facing him, hischair facing us takes in all the more! While these two sat down to take a seat for Mass, the people by them didn't like their new seat partners, making obvious gestures and body language to let them know they were not invited in that particular row. How unnecessary, especially withing a spiritual setting. No matter the community, we are to be one, loving and accepting one another.

Marie T. Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment