Saturday, April 9, 2011

SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I?

I notice a grandiose apple in the tree,
as I take my morning jog.
I pause to notice a reflection of red,
shielding my eyes, as I stand there agog.

My memory is jarred,
recalling I have been told,
that this is the tree in the garden
from which I must withhold.

Jeeps! Suddenly I see a snake!
It tells me to try just a bite.
The apple is truly juicy and delicious, it says,
Come on, do it to be polite!

That apple is tempting, I must say,
Now, the first decision ever has to be made,
Should I or shouldn't I?
Whoever said life would be a glass of lemonade!

Should I or shouldn't I,
The choice had been left to two of us,
each of of us ask,
over an apple, we are making a a tremendous fuss!

My oh my!
Hmmm, I must decide!
Sooo juicy, sooo delicious!
Oh my gosh, it has cost me my hide!

Marie T. Morrison

~This is not what I usually write, but God had some humor in me today! Blessings!~

No comments:

Post a Comment