Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SILENT HANDIWORK

SILENT HANDIWORK

The landscape is blanketed with snow today. I think of the beautiful psalm, which begins:

"Heaven is declaring God's glory; the sky is proclaiming his handiwork." Psalm 19:1

I habitually wake up thanking God for another day, praising Him often as I acknowledge the roof over my head, having food to eat and warm clothing to wear. I say a prayer of gratitude for my family and friends.

As I look at nature, I always smile and thank God for what I can see, touch, smell, hear and even taste. There are the berries to eat, the salt on the lips from an ocean wind, raindrops and snowdrops gently landing on the mouth. Today is one of those days, where I especially feel happy and at peace, as I see a panorama of white. Delicate snowflakes cover every object I see out of my windows, providing a web of intricate designs. My soul is rejoicing by God’s luxuriant handiwork. Dormant fruit trees, flowering bushes at sleep for the winter and tall pines all hold layers of snow, appearing soft and silent in their own grandeur. How grateful I am, to be part of this spiritual world.

~Marie T. Morrison~

Bible version for quote is from the Common English Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment