Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Window

Today, there was an ad in my e-mail for replacement windows. Granted, I do not like ads to show up in my box, but this time, it made me instantly think of what I see outside my windows. If I look out one direction, I see the street and the not-so-pleasant looking roof of the neighbor’s house across from ours. Another direction, I can catch glimpses of a New Mexico beautiful sunset nearly every evening. Yet, from another direction, I look out upon my own sanctuary, a yard filled with trees just growing new foliage, green grass and several gardens of flowers. There are the bird feeders, delighting me with a large array of two-winged creatures stopping by for a bite to eat or for a splash of water. This particular window view is my favorite, as you can well imagine. I feel quite blessed to have this vista right beyond the glass, as I sit on the couch or am at the kitchen sink.

Though I have been gifted with this awe-inspiring scene, I do tend to daydream of other window views. It is nice to shut my eyes and imagine a vast and magnificent ocean, casting shades of green and blue as the sun sparkles upon it. If I listen hard enough, I can hear the sound of the breaking waves as they reach the shore. The sand is so very soft as it seeps between my toes.

In another whimsical moment, I picture a rushing river flowing by, creating a splendid, splashing, noise as it hits rocks of all sizes in its path. The water feels so very cold as I fantasize, giving me a sense of how fresh and pure it is.

I love to envision a meadow outside my window of daydreams. It is a beautiful meadow, dandelions admired as wild flowers instead of weeds. There is a small stream rippling through the grass, with a deer or two walking gracefully over for a drink. Beyond the meadow are the mountains with stunning peaks, holding many secrets as they silently share their beauty.

No, I do not believe I want my windows replaced. I am quite content with the ones God has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment