Saturday, January 16, 2010

The “Eyes” Have It

To know how another is feeling that day, I look into the eyes. It may be the eyes of a friend, an acquaintance or a stranger, holding stories of how life is right now. I see eyes holding a radiant glow, filled with happiness. Others are showing worry. There is a look of fear, questioning what an outcome will be. Eyes of sadness bring me heartache. I cannot help but reach out to this person to inquire if everything is all right. As if eager to tell someone  their story, I hear what is behind those eyes. I can only listen, place my hands on theirs, and say “I am sorry.” Sometimes, it is all an individual needs to hear. I add that God's eyes are looking down upon this person, sharing His warmth and love. He is always there, listening.  Listen back, I say, and a sense of peace will be felt, as His grace of the Holy Spirit becomes a comfort to the heart, mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment