Sunday, January 10, 2010

FIRST THOUGHTS

The first thoughts I have every morning is to say a hello to God, thanking Him for another day. I know I cannot carry out another day without Him. I then pray to Him, asking him to guide me through the present day. My day may consist of personal health issues, taking care of my 94 year old mother and what is bothering her, a phone call from one of our children because they are happy or sad about something, preparing a session for one of my groups at the Church, or deciding what to fix for dinner. Behind every step I take, I must feel the spirituality within me, in what I say and in what I do.  I also tend to pray for others who are angry or tend to be making immoral decisions.  I cannot change them, but ask God to please help them feel His presence, so they may feel at peace. It may take years for them to feel this peacefulness, but daily prayer can help them have a happier, spiritual life.  Never, ever, out of my mind is how Christ died on the cross, to ease my suffering, as well as others, giving all of us a graceful life.  It is always there; it is up to us to open our eyes and acknowledge this.


[1-10-2010 10:51 AM]
M

No comments:

Post a Comment