Monday, January 11, 2010

Love and a Phone Call

I have my candle lit and soothing music on.  It is music which seems to affect my spirit and my Spirit. My frame of mind is one which is calling out to God, thanking Him for this peaceful moment.  I often try to set the mood for my prayer and meditation time by having my candle and music close by. It will shut off the rest of the world, giving time only to myself and my God.
Today, my three children, ages 23, 21 and 17 have called me frequently. Some days, I may not hear from the two older ones, who live away from home.  I do not want to interfere with their lives, having 'Mom' check on them.  They know this and appreciate this. When I do get a call, it might a quick one to just say they are thinking of their Dad and I and that they love us.  Other times, like today, they need advice, suggestions, and of course, money! My 17 year old is also out there today, doing errands with friends, calling to ask for an address or where should they look for this item or that. I am pleased they feel comfortable to call, telling or asking me anything and everything.
At the end of each call, we always say "I love you." Never to we fail. It doesn't matter how simple the call is, it still ends in "I love you."
This is how it is with God and me. I can talk to him about anything and everything. I can ask Him for advice and for directions on how to get back on the right path. At the end of our conversation, I always say "I love you!" to Him. I know He smiling back at me, telling me He loves me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment