Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thank You

As certain pieces of sacred music are played, it hits my soul.  It doesn't hit me lightly; it is with a mighty force.  I try not to let it affect me. But, it doesn't work that way. I can hear it non-stop, yet I continue to fall apart. The force of God is strong.  None of us can stop what God wants, no matter the way He wants to touch us. I cannot sing even a nursery rhyme, yet hearing sacred music digs deep into my soul. God is telling me that though I cannot sing, I can still have music touch my heart. It is now nearly 1:30 in the morning.  I should be sleeping.  Instead, I want to hear one more 'Ave Maria,' one more 'Alleluia,' one more piece from Bach's ' Magnificat.' I get caught up in the music, not wanting it to end. I thank God for all those He has blessed with a voice directly from Heaven. Those with this magnificent gift are able to affect the rest of of us, more than words can ever say. I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment